Search the forum,

Discuss New 18ltr Reflex expansion tank connection not sealing...Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zoomer

Hello everyone. My hot water expansion tank finally gave up to rust, so I enlisted the help of a good friend to fit a new one. It's a Reflex 18 litre. He is very good with plumbing. At the first attempt he fitted the old connection but could not get the top nut to seal properly to the tank funnel, even using ptfe tape, so he took the new tank off again to check the threads. He found the old connection nut to be quite loose on the new tank and thought there might be a thread compatability problem, the old one possibly being imperial, as it (the system) was fitted back in 1998. So we both went to Screwfix and after trying several connections/combinations found one that seemed tighter on the thread of the tank. The new connection was fitted, again with ptfe tape but unfortunately there's still water leaking from the top of the nut where it fits on to the tank. As far as we know the connection required is standard and note that Reflex don't seem to supply a connection specifically for their tanks. My friend says the thread on my new tank seems to be a tapered type, to ensure a tight seal when the nut is tightened. My hot water system is a Tribune Premier TP 150e. Can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:
No. And neither can your friend.

You need a plumber with a G3/Unvented ticket to work on these. To attempt otherwise is both illlegal and dangerous.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New 18ltr Reflex expansion tank connection not sealing...Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock