Discuss Need advice about a new gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

p1aceb0

Hi All,

I need advice from the people in the know (you guys)

I have just become the owner of a house

The house was a repo and the last owner did not pay his bill to a point of getting the gas meter removed and capped off.

I have had a live dead test done and the supply was still live.

After weeks of waiting a gas meter has been fitted today (in the box on the back wall of the house)

All the internal pipe work is already installed and there is the pipe going to the gas box.

The engineer who attended today (I was not there the wife was) fitted the meter to the mains but did not connect it to the pipe right next to the meter that runs into the house.

My question is why not as we were not asking him to run any other pipes within the house only connect what was already there.

any advise would be good, as I intend to phone the gas supplier tomorrow and kick up a stink

thanks

p1aceb0

its only there job up to the in let on the meter , after thats its yours.

eg if he had connected and there was a problem he then has a duty of care to sort it out. so easire on there part to just do what they have to and no more

Bod

Ok good point, but when you get a meter changed over

token to standard
or
when they change from imp to metric

they connect the pipe back up with out any bother so whats the difference (I dont see it )

Bod

Ok good point, but when you get a meter changed over

token to standard
or
when they change from imp to metric

they connect the pipe back up with out any bother so whats the difference (I dont see it )

they had a meter , yours did not

Ok so what you are saying I need to find a gas safe engineer in my area (like the one who installed the meter) to connect the meter to the pipe right next to it.

If thats the case I will put up a general post for a gas safe engineer in my area on the forum

pretty much fella am afraid , where are you might be able to point you in the right direction

you need a gas safe engineer to connect up the gas supply, test the pipework and applainces in the property are working correctly. IF the applainces are not in good service then you may have to have the said applaince serviced/fixed.

Miles from you :-((

I am in west lothian Scotland

would be a bit expensive on the call out alone LOL

theres a few good lads on here from north of the border fella

Ok I will do a search and look through the list in the other post

unless you know the names of the guys

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need advice about a new gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock