Discuss Mystery of the leaking toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

If you've wrapped all connections in kitchen roll and they've been dry but the floor still gets wet, It could possibly be as Riley has said, a screwed pipe under the floor so remove the toilet and the fixings and see if you get wet. Failing that it could be either condensation or you need to aim better when your using the toilet :D

i had one like this a few years ago , after installation i tested the toilet {vanity type} with around 10 flushs , paper tissue around the flush pipe and pan connector all dry so thats me done! , two weeks later we get a phone call , wet floor! , replaced the pan connector as the flush pipe was dry , passed the paper towel test , phone call again a week later! basically i pulled the toilet out set it up on a bench and poured water through it manually so i could see the back side perfectly , turns out it was a tiny pin hole in the pottery around the flush area but not near the flush pipe , a small drip would of occured with around 10 flush's i recon , took quite abit of water to produce that one drip , that drip then adds up over a week + ...

Reply to Mystery of the leaking toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock