Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Megaflow low pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I have a megaflow system that is 7 years old I'm getting low water pressure to 1of the upstairs toilet taps every other tap is fine, this occurred after I represurised the air gap something I have done on numerous occasions.
Any advice would be appreciated as I have has a plumber/ heating engineer to have a look and they have never came across this

Tap filter blocked / airator clogged

I assume it's the hot tap that is affected? If you have ruled out @ShaunCorbs's suggestions your air-gap regeneration process has probably introduced an an air lock. (If you can trace the pipe work you'll probably find a horizontal section that is bowed upwards creating an 'inverted-U'.)

Airlocks are not likely in a high pressure system.
You say you just re-generated the air gap.
If this had been left with no air gap for a while then the system had nowhere to expand whilst heating - this can cause components within taps/valves etc to be damaged by excess pressure. I have recently attended where a ceramic disc tap cartridge had the top forced off by this.
However despite this - my own cylinder needs the bubble regenerating and has done for a few weeks…

Airlocks are not likely in a high pressure system.
You say you just re-generated the air gap.
If this had been left with no air gap for a while then the system had nowhere to expand whilst heating - this can cause components within taps/valves etc to be damaged by excess pressure. I have recently attended where a ceramic disc tap cartridge had the top forced off by this.
However despite this - my own cylinder needs the bubble regenerating and has done for

Reply to Megaflow low pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock