Search the forum,

Discuss Marketing and a little good will in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

This year, just like last year and the year before that I am sending out personalised Christmas cards to a select bunch of customers on my mailing list. I have found this small gesture to be very well received, creates a lot of good will and more importantly repeat business. Give it a try,for me the business has more than justified the outlay on cards,stampage etc.

Bob

I also do this every year, and it shows respect to my customers that I value their business.

It also pays to take a couple of cases of beer and a bottle of spirits into the merchants. Pays dividends in the prices and service you get.

It also pays to take a couple of cases of beer and a bottle of spirits into the merchants. Pays dividends in the prices and service you get.

Agreed Mike,perhaps when my turnover increases I will do the same, at the moment my suppliers seem quite happy with their tin of roses :santa_smiley:

Addendum to post

Just finished writing out 500 Christmas cards over night, right hand now numb and wheres the bleeping address book !!

A bit different but I remember walking round in the snow delivering christmas cards to the people I delivered newspapers to on my round and the tips I got over the next couple of weeks were great. A long time ago but showed me customers appreciated being thought of. :D

Addendum to post

Just finished writing out 500 Christmas cards over night, right hand now numb and wheres the bleeping address book !!
Do you not keep your customers addresses on a data base so that it can be printed using Mailmerge such as in Word. Makes sending out envelopes and advertising mailers so much easier.

Do you not keep your customers addresses on a data base so that it can be printed using Mailmerge such as in Word. Makes sending out envelopes and advertising mailers so much easier.
No
IMO handwritten all be it time consuming is more personal than printed off and smacks of a little more effort.
Ps the addendum was just a little levity not to be taken too seriously.Re mail merge are you having a laugh Colin i have only just found the font setting on word lol

if these are your 'best' customers then, wont they call you any way for another job they need doing,
card or not?

if these are your 'best' customers then, wont they call you any way for another job they need doing,
card or not?
true, but it keeps you in the customers minds and sometimes they misplace your business card contact details etc so a little aide memoir disguised as good will never goes amiss

how do you database yours ? excel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Marketing and a little good will in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock