Discuss Manufactures courses which are worth the pennys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Antgas

Hi guys/girls.
Im new to the forum but not to the industry, been installing for 4years but have relatively little experience in fault finding or breakdown. Usually get to the bottom of things in the end however as we all are I'm still learning and could benefit from a manufactures course or two. So... With that in mind who's been on what and which are worth me
doing for general breakdown knowledge? I understand non are magic and teach u the full works as a lot is hands in learning but would still like to become more familiar with that side so any response would be great. Thanks anthony... Aka antgas

Honeywell for the wiring side? Baxi can get on the list of to do's then :smiley2:

Honeywell for controls, obviously, and the baxi one is good for fault finding. Think it is two or three days.
Honeywell is usually in Bracknell, and Baxi is normally in Thurrock/Dartford

baxi one I went one was pants they want to sell you the indepth course ÂŁ90 yet dd the main eco course at warrick and that was brilliant . the glowworm one is the best its 2 days free .they give you a boiler to fully strip on day 1 faults on day 2 . I went on the ideal logic course when it 1st come out that was good aswell .

Going on the veissmann course next Monday , they said I be able to issue 10 year warranties

I did a danfoss course for wiring which was very good. After that I felt confident requiring y/a plans.

Manufacturers courses I've only been on free ones where they pretty much try to sell you their boiler but usually give you good food though (which lets be honest when your employed that's all your looking for really lol).

I did a fault finding course at a gas training centre in Bristol which was fantastic really in depth took you through using a multi meter properly and gave you a variety of different makes of boiler to work on. Not sure if they still do it but well worth it if they do.

I did a danfoss course for wiring which was very good. After that I felt confident requiring y/a plans.

Manufacturers courses I've only been on free ones where they pretty much try to sell you their boiler but usually give you good food though (which lets be honest when your employed that's all your looking for really lol).

I did a fault finding course at a gas training centre in Bristol which was fantastic really in depth took you through using a multi meter properly and gave you a variety of different makes of boiler to work on. Not sure if they still do it but well worth it if they do.

Is the Danfoss course any good?? I'm interested in more fault finding knowledge. Does it cover this

Is the Danfoss course any good?? I'm interested in more fault finding knowledge. Does it cover this

I think it was a free one but the company I worked for sorted it. It was about 10 years ago so I could be a bit out but it started off them talking you through how to test eveerything then how to rewire it then threw a board with everything on it and said go on then wire it. it was only half a day so for that time it was good but they didnt teach you about resistance and things like that

I went on a Worcester one this week, am sorry to say this but I thought the compact had some decent features on it

What ever happens to that Giza who designed Baxi? Troll me thinks?

What ever happens to that Giza who designed Baxi? Troll me thinks?

Safe gas bumped him off thinking he might convert a few worster warriors.

Seems to to be a trend at the minute with these one post wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Manufactures courses which are worth the pennys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock