Search the forum,

Discuss Low cold+hot flow upstairs, unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Turned off mains, opened cold and hot side of kitchen tap, both stopped in about 30 seconds. Worked on toilet and changed some tap washers. Turned back on, all good pressure downstairs, hot and cold very poor upstairs.

Told her I'm not unvented so can't advise/deal with.

But did I do anything wrong? ...

What was it like before you touched it, did you look?
What is the incoming pressure
Is it a balanced supply

What was it like before you touched it, did you look?
What is the incoming pressure
Is it a balanced supply

Didn't check.
Didn't check.
Not sure what that means but I did notice hot on taps that were working had good bit more oomph than cold.

New boiler, unvented etc put in very recently.

But am I right in thinking that if you want to change tap washers on a system with an unvented you just turn off the mains and run off the cold and hot? You're not meant to do anything other than that are you?

It might be a bit of muck in the filter but as you don't know about them tell her to get whoever fitted it back to have a look.

Cheers, that's what I thought.

Recently with jobs it seems all I have to do is turn on the bathroom lightswitch and the house falls down.

Cheers, that's what I thought.

Recently with jobs it seems all I have to do is turn on the bathroom lightswitch and the house falls down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low cold+hot flow upstairs, unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock