Discuss Looks Like I'm on the move, does anyone need a gopher??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As the title suggests guys

my good lady has accepted a job in Redhill, Surrey.

And if I want to keep her I'm going to have to move.

I was wondering if anybody had any positions of a full-time or part-time nature around the Leatherhead area. Even if it's just on a casual basis while I sort myself out.

I have all my My domestic gas tickets. And have been running my own plumbing and heating business for the last three years.

As I'm sure appears obvious I don't know the area all that well but I'm very willing to learn. I am very hard-working and honest and am not afraid to put the hours in.

If anyone knows of any jobs I would be eternally grateful.

Matt

Not fancy just getting an advert out there in new area ??

To be honest Phill I'd love that but I just don't know the area well enough and I kindve need to hit the ground running money wise. I'm not looking for a fortune but I do need to pay rent/mortgage

Cheaper to get a new woman mate. Good luck with the move hope it all goes well.

Hi matt. It might be worth while putting couple adverts out there in new area and also see if you can find a couple days work with a local firm while u build yourself up , just an idea as your already set up with quals and insurances. ...
Hope all goes well and you pick something up.

my good lady has accepted a job in Redhill, Surrey.

Hah! The old "I've got a job out of the area" story huh?

Next it will be "Its not you, its me..." or even "I just don't know what I want any more..."

Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: You!

Seriously Matt, we don't have a branch in Redhill, but if you want to put posters up in Esher, Crawley, Guildford or Croydon, just let me know. That whole area is steamingly busy at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Within the next 6-8 weeks mate

Get a load of flyers made up and get someone local to deliver them a week or 2 before you go. Also try the likes of bg see if you can get subbing to them for a bit.

How far away is it from where you are now? Would you have somewhere to stay and carry on working where you are 3 days a week and then do 3 days a week in your new place. It will mean travelling but will give you the flexibility whilst you get yourself established.

It is commutable but i would definitely have to get a better van

I may be able to send a bit of work your way in and around Croydon if that's not to far for you? It will be site work on buildings being converted to flats. Drop me a message when you will be moving and I will see if I need anyone on a short term basis, it all depends how quickly the jobs progress really.

That's really good of you mate thank you. Soon as the mrs sorts out her start date and where she wants to reside I will be in touch.

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone on here who's offered me a response. It's nice that I can always rely on you guys to offer a solution or at least a laugh. Very privileged to have met such a good bunch of lads

She probably will do for now

Just moved from Redhill/Reigate area over to Crawley way, I'm just starting my own business but if you get really stuck for work I might be able to sort some days for you, won't be a lot though I'm afraid as I'm still building up my stuff.

huge population to choose from for work, get advertising, but my main point is that should you get a note starting Dear John..................:) you dont need to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looks Like I'm on the move, does anyone need a gopher??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back