Discuss Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just still laughing at him when he said this

"I was here to looking for honest, helpful, fair and friendly plumbers (dolphin like) that migh have interest iin my idea.

seriously though to the op if you have any chance at all and I mean at all as its so hard to start up these days get work etc, you need to have plumbing experience in the field.

there is no way on earth you could do it without being qualified atleast up to level 2.

if your serious do a plumbing course NVQ level 2 first, if you dont come back on this forum in a year so I can say told you so ;)

I suppose it is possible to set up in business in field that you don't have any experience of, but why would you want to? Business is by its nature competitive, so you are handing your competitors an advantage from the start. You would have to be very confident that your advantages in marketing and branding would outweigh the inbuilt disadvantage of that core lack of understanding.

Surly your still gonna have to take the plumber to look at the job and tell you whats required if you ain't got any plumbing experience cos how are you going to differentiate between the different system set ups and what rules apply in certain circumstances ie gas unvented water, so if the plumber needs to do that you would be a glorified office girl taking a massive cut of profits is how I see it

I still don't see a USP. In fact, quite the opposite.

Why not choose an industry with loads more opportunity to make big money. The recruitment industry would be a good place to start.

I disagree. I know a firm the next county along to me. A woman started it 15 years ago, got a load of housing association contracts and big work, and then sold it more recently for an 8 figure sum..
the new owners then sent it into liquidation through poor management and probably a lot of her old contacts going with her.
Now, she couldnt plumb to save her life but had a lot of contacts in the gas industry.
She recruited decent quality engineers and had a captive audience in the areas she chose to work, which she ended up dominating.

She has since setup a new company under a different name, now the 4 year non compete clause has apparently lapsed.
I've got no doubt she will make a lot of wonga again..... but not from fixing Mrs Miggins tap washer type jobs!!!

I'm with Howsie though. It's a cluttered industry already, you DO NEED some inside contacts or a proper plumbing background. It's also not the best place to make shed loads of dosh.
The problem is, most plumbers don't make great businessman (in the BIG BUSINESS SUCCESS sense) or they wouldn't be plumbing....

That's my take on it anyway!!!

and a merry christmas to y'all!:D

Last edited:
I wouldn't knock the name, after all who would call a search engine Google, an auction web site ebay etc there are names then there's branding.

The concept works but not as presented here.

Yeh but eBay wasn't named after a failed auction site with a similar name nor google a failed search engine with a similar name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
I run a small plumbing and heating company. I am looking for a commercial gas engineer to help out with a few call outs, servicing, safety checks...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an experienced Plumbing and Gas Engineer who would be willing to partner to build a team of subcontactors (10 in the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock