Discuss Logic heat exchanger leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daffy

Anyone recently come across this problem ?
I know of a few where the main heat exchanger has started to leak & the boiler is still relatively new

never lost one on a duotec but there stainless so tougher saying that bods had one go on a 7 year old one and the cost is big £££
£340-£380 IIRC

thats exactly what this one did. it was now a 2 year old boiler.
Its how they all go Martin, worse when hot too, starts off small so you search for all obvious system leaks, PRV, rad valves, doc, etc......gets gradually faster at loosing pressure until it losses 1bar in an hour!

the crack opens up the hotter it gets then sends a gush down the condense, so i have been told.lol
it was a head scratcher at firs

Baxi have had nothing but trouble with there new GA boilers.
i know but you said you were fitting loads and they were ok,i never even considered a GA duotec or that plastic mess when they where launched i stuck to the gold or mk 1 and experience paid off ,still not having problems

Speaking to the main rep yesterday, he recons they have changed coming up towards 50k gas valves on the GA (neat/duo) boilers, though they are sorted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic heat exchanger leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back