Discuss Likely cause of this heating problem...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Rads (with TRV's) either getting very hot or barely hot at all when TRV adjusted. As if only two settings: hot or not. TRV's had been changed for new ones 1 yr previously with new boiler. But customer reckons prob was same with rads before so prob not batch of rubbish TRV's. Would poor balancing cause this or something else?

whats the floor lay out ? which ones are working rightly or wrongly ?

Sounds like either (a) the Thermostatic heads are goosed or (b) (And probably more likely) The customer doesnt fully understand how TRVs work. I had this a few times, they cant seem to grasp that once a room temp is reached the radiator will not be hot, so they turn it up to full and the rad gets too hot. Might just be an education visit watertight.

Hmm, sounds about right. I just couldn't figure what would cause this - good idea CES.

it sounds als like poor balancing to me,had it as well with a custard, the rads had to be realy fine tuned before they were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Likely cause of this heating problem...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock