Discuss kinked, crimped and coiled 8mm pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they all 8mm bar the two in the end room. Because I'll be laying the pipe to that end room for a more direct boiler feed, then it would be very easy for my plumber to tie in the larger rad above the boiler, removing a good few metres of pipe as that rad would be on top of the new extended 22mm feed.

My only concern is the size of that room. It's 6.5x2.6 with a k1 600x1100 directly opposite the door, in the map it's slightly off as it would have obscured the boiler. It also has a k1 600x600 under the window

The window is only 1m square.... Double glazed

Last edited:
Usely find radiators under windows a waste of time, people tend to cover with curtains, can you not do away with this rad and upsize the other one

Yep definitely, that was going to be one of my questions eventually :) what I might do is lengthen the 22mm feed, tapping into that with the enlarged rad, and then cap the 22 off where I know my plumber will be jointing above the new boiler. That way I can install it all now for minimal disruption when he comes.

What would you do re this rad in the large room? Change to K2 similar size?

Best to work the room heat loss out and add 10%

Yea there's a few out there just do more than one and compare results

Upon closer inspection of one of the manifold's, it appears that 2 of the 4 branches double back to the return manifold. Therefore the massive crimping session that's gone on is obviously to reduce flow, but leave enough for it to act as a relief valve.... I was under the impression that the way to add a relief valve was to fit at least one rad with no trv, only lockshields?

yes on full systems you have two choices either fit an auto bypass or fit one rad with lockshields ie normally a bathroom

So him crimping a bypass pipe constitutes an auto bypass or have I had bodge it n scarper fit this system?

So him crimping a bypass pipe constitutes an auto bypass or have I had bodge it n scarper fit this system?

if theres no valve on it they have bodged it

I haven't discovered one yet. Where's the most likely place for one?

should be on the 8mm if there is one

if not put a auto bypass on best place would be after the pump but before the motorized valve and in 22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kinked, crimped and coiled 8mm pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock