Discuss Jobs You Won't Do Or You're Considering Not Doing Anymore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Leaking pan connector on existing installed toilet.

Did one today. It's the most perfect combination of fiddly, frustrating and filthy.

I made good money from it. But I feel like I need ten showers and some therapy.

i have no problem changing pan connectors (thick bleach down first )

DO NOT DO - unblocking toilets or anything to do with blocked 4" pipework

hate lofts and rockwall -hate it

hate staying home and having no work

Great tip here! Normally get all hands on dirty dirty :p haha

i work for a firm and i always get sent out to sanifloes, blocked drains everything dirty, dont mind it at all lol was abit grossed out the first time i took a sani flo lid off and found a old bloody tampon in the blades but ow well lol

I'm quite happy getting my hands filthy but would like to know:

a) Why do I have an itchy nose/mouth/face as soon as I start?
b) Why do I have a hunger attack before I can wash?

BUT

I won't touch saniflos or drains (from wc's) anymore. It's the smell. Even someone doing a no.2 makes me wretch. I'd be pathetic as a night nurse in a hospital ward.

I know what you mean, but what if you go to an old loo, rusty screws to floor, tiled around base, & perhaps even the soil pipe angle wrong - so a bit of a botch. Maybe also customer has little money & you have little time. Quick remedy just to use sealant.

yeah but as a last resort

Anything to do with bloody Gledhill.

3 times now I've gone out to 3 separate calls over the last five years, all PCB failures. Ordered new PCB's, fitted them and they've gone straight away. One turned out to be a spiked pump, the other a spiked 3 port and the final one was a problem with a dry pocket sensor. Terrible things if you ask me. Also, seen 2 go up in flames following on from overheated relays. Terrible things.

Anything to do with bloody Gledhill.

3 times now I've gone out to 3 separate calls over the last five years, all PCB failures. Ordered new PCB's, fitted them and they've gone straight away. One turned out to be a spiked pump, the other a spiked 3 port and the final one was a problem with a dry pocket sensor. Terrible things if you ask me. Also, seen 2 go up in flames following on from overheated relays. Terrible things.

what are you on about ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jobs You Won't Do Or You're Considering Not Doing Anymore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back