Discuss Job offer, still looking if anyone is interested in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
South Coast boiler services are now looking for a gas engineer to join our team.
The job will involve installations, maintenance and breakdowns on domestic properties.
£27,000 to £31000 basic depending on experience with overtime available.
Company van, uniform and fuel card provided.
28 days paid holiday.
The successful candidate must be gas safe registered with a minimum of 12 months remaining on their qualifications.
South Coast boiler services have an excellent reputation and as such are only looking for an engineer with a similar approach to quality of work.
Please don't apply if you are looking for sub contract work or are thinking of going self employed.
Please email your cv to
[email protected]

You had no luck with this mate? I'm very surprised the jobs still available.

Still no luck no, I am using 5 subbies at the moment and jiggling them around to try and manage the work load but really want someone on full time.

I can't remember the last time I took home 25k +, them were the days :D.
I'll get there again one day, surprised jobs still available TBH.

Ive stretched to offering 31k that really is the highest I can go without being out of pocket but still not had any one even enquire about it. It's only on indeed at the moment though. I haven't tried the echo yet actually. That's a good idea

Ive stretched to offering 31k that really is the highest I can go without being out of pocket but still not had any one even enquire about it. It's only on indeed at the moment though. I haven't tried the echo yet actually. That's a good idea

Speak to your local merchants and let them know that your looking for someone. When I've been looking elsewhere I always asked in the merchants first to see if they know of companies that are looking, it was good for me as I got to check the company out first by asking the lads questions and it was good for the company as they used to go to the merchants and see if I used to take parts back all the time or order 2-3 parts for each job etc.

I wouldn't put the money on any advert though just competitive rates of pay or something then you can discuss wages in the interview stage.

Unfortunately though for you a lot of the good engineers work for them selves and the ones that work for companies they won't let them go easy.

it would be nice to find some engineers with half an idea, most that come through the ever revolving door seem to be unreliable, incompetent and unable to spot an id situation if it smacked them in the face with a baseball bat! I don't claim to be the best at all, but wow I'm seen some shockers.

it would be nice to find some engineers with half an idea, most that come through the ever revolving door seem to be unreliable, incompetent and unable to spot an id situation if it smacked them in the face with a baseball bat! I don't claim to be the best at all, but wow I'm seen some shockers.

Is that because at most companies your expected to get through 8-10 jobs per day and bosses seem to know that it won't be them in deep doodoo when something goes wrong.

I normally give the engineers 6 or 7 jobs. If it was just servicing for example it would be 7. If parts then maybe only 3 jobs depending how long they take.

I normally give the engineers 6 or 7 jobs. If it was just servicing for example it would be 7. If parts then maybe only 3 jobs depending how long they take.

Do you want to move to cornwall? I will work for you. Unless those 3 jobs are boiler installs lol.

No that's a a 24cdi diverter and vessel, an ideal Isar main heat exchanger and a flexicom support. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Job offer, still looking if anyone is interested in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock