Search the forum,

Discuss Is this the wrong pipe under my sink? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi can someone tell me is this the wrong pipe for under my sink? I've noticed bad smells coming from my sink but could never figure out why. I've just realised theres water lying in the bottom of the pipe and as you can see the pipe which takes the water outside is much higher up so thinking its the wrong pipe.hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• 20200604_152325.jpg
    20200604_152325.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 34
It’s not the best but I wouldn’t say that’s the cause of your smells

A P trap is generally used under a kitchen sink, firstly they flow better than a bottle trap and secondly gunk can and will lie in the bottom section of the bottle. The bottom can be unscrewed and washed out on yours.

Put tape over the overflow hole and see if it still smells, these can get dirty.

A P trap is generally used under a kitchen sink, firstly they flow better than a bottle trap and secondly gunk can and will lie in the bottom section of the bottle. The bottom can be unscrewed and washed out on yours.

Put tape over the overflow hole and see if it still smells, these can get dirty.
Thankyou I'm going to see if I can get a p trap and see if that helps the smells. I have screwed it off and washed it and took the overflow pipe out it was clogged up so I cleaned everything and put it back together but I will try the tape over the overflow thankyou

After your bottle trap the grey drain pipe seems to run uphill before entering the wall. This, and all your bottle trap and above will stay full of water like a big ubend, and might explain why the overflow pipe was gunged up. Make sure the grey pipe and beyond into the wall is all cleared.

Reply to Is this the wrong pipe under my sink? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock