Search the forum,

Discuss Is this the wrong pipe under my sink? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi can someone tell me is this the wrong pipe for under my sink? I've noticed bad smells coming from my sink but could never figure out why. I've just realised theres water lying in the bottom of the pipe and as you can see the pipe which takes the water outside is much higher up so thinking its the wrong pipe.hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• 20200604_152325.jpg
    20200604_152325.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 34
It’s not the best but I wouldn’t say that’s the cause of your smells

A P trap is generally used under a kitchen sink, firstly they flow better than a bottle trap and secondly gunk can and will lie in the bottom section of the bottle. The bottom can be unscrewed and washed out on yours.

Put tape over the overflow hole and see if it still smells, these can get dirty.

A P trap is generally used under a kitchen sink, firstly they flow better than a bottle trap and secondly gunk can and will lie in the bottom section of the bottle. The bottom can be unscrewed and washed out on yours.

Put tape over the overflow hole and see if it still smells, these can get dirty.
Thankyou I'm going to see if I can get a p trap and see if that helps the smells. I have screwed it off and washed it and took the overflow pipe out it was clogged up so I cleaned everything and put it back together but I will try the tape over the overflow thankyou

After your bottle trap the grey drain pipe seems to run uphill before entering the wall. This, and all your bottle trap and above will stay full of water like a big ubend, and might explain why the overflow pipe was gunged up. Make sure the grey pipe and beyond into the wall is all cleared.

Reply to Is this the wrong pipe under my sink? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock