Discuss Is this central heating quote fair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ermi,

Don't forget Postcode and Car he drives first

With quotes it's a little more subtle, ask for a cup of tea. If your offered earl gray in a bone china cup with sugar cubes and the milk is from m&s , waitrose or fenwicks your on a winner. If it's pg tips in a clean unchipped mug then use the loo.... If it quilted jobs a good one if tracing paper they are getting a 24kw main.

With quotes it's a little more subtle, ask for a cup of tea. If your offered earl gray in a bone china cup with sugar cubes and the milk is from m&s , waitrose or fenwicks your on a winner. If it's pg tips in a clean unchipped mug then use the loo.... If it quilted jobs a good one if tracing paper they are getting a 24kw main.
Love it !!

When comparing quotes make sure they are comparable and for the same things. Some cheaper boilers are inferior quality to more expensive ones. Your old boiler is only worth scrap unless you are prepared to dismantle it and sell the individual components off separately yourself on ebay.

Best post all year off of Ermintrude there. To OP I would say there's no way to tell if that's a good price or not from a labour point of view however you could save on materials. Vaillant make great boilers but other brands are available with similar/longer warranty. Try getting a quote on a Baxi Megaflow System or Ideal Vogue 26kw System both with 7 year warranty.

Once again.....I am Gobsmacked!!!

Venture down to my part of the globe....that installation would only cost you @ 3 times as much.

Materials and labour.

I am going to print out the quotation and show some other plumbers / heating contractors.
I will let you know what they think.

Please note: I do not want you to think that I am having a 'go' at anyone. I am more interested in the costs of the equipment.

To be honest - the labour rates seem low compared to what we have to pay employees, which equates to what we have to charge.

I really don't want this to come across as being malicious or vindictive.

Oz-Plumber

Last edited:
Always looking.....

Its not taking on plumbers thats the hard bit...its getting rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this central heating quote fair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock