Search the forum,

Discuss Is it normal that water flow is less when passing through a not working pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ianrussjones

Hi, my washing machine is occasionally stopping due to lack of water pressure. It is connected to a pump that also powers the bathroom behind it. The washing machine does not start the pump. Shame on me, I can't remember if it ever did. The water from the storage tank when running directly to a tap at the same height runs at 1 ltr every 8 seconds (7.5ltr/min). When running through the pump it flows at 1ltr ever 12 seconds (5ltr/min). Is this normal? If so my options are 1) to run the machine directly off the storage tank 2) run off mains (bit more piping and some drilling through ceilings...) 3) new pump so washing machine switches it on when filling. 2) (run off mains) feels the right option but I'm new to this. Any help appreciated.

:welcome2:

It is normal to have the washing machine fed direct from the mains, in fact I have never come across any other method.

Pumps slowing it down. Flow sensors probably need cleaning replaced.

Check if the pump has any filters on it - may need cleaning or throwing.

The washing machine washers / gaskets sometimes have filters in them also.
They may need cleaning or replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it normal that water flow is less when passing through a not working pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock