Search the forum,

Discuss Is it mechanical OK to replace a Wilo Gold SR50 pump with a Wilo Gold SR60's ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OCDRAGON

I'm thinking of increase the flowrate of my existing heating system but keeping it simple for an outsider like me. As a result I'm thinking of "lifting" the electrical and moving part of my existing Wilo Gold SR50 pump and replacing it with a Wilo Gold SR60 pump's part instead, while keeping the base part of the SR50 pump's port-to-port unchanged. Which means ALL pumpings would be unaffected. So the basic question is

Are the Wilo Gold SR50 and SR60 are mechanically compatible, i.e. both Wilo Gold SR50 and SR60 bases are exactly the SAME part and so do their two fixing screws for fixing their top electrical/moving parts??? Since I haven't got a Wilo Gold SR60 to compare, I would be much appreciated if anyone can comment that!

Why do you want to I crease the flow rate of your system?. You may cause mire problems than you cure depending on several factors such as how its piped, levels of sludge, position of vent, height of f and e and so on.

Why do you want to I crease the flow rate of your system?. You may cause mire problems than you cure depending on several factors such as how its piped, levels of sludge, position of vent, height of f and e and so on.

I have no problems with my existing system but the water pump Wilo SR 50 is getting old and hence I am thinking of replacing it. As it happens the Wilo SR 60 is a bit more powerful, its flowrate can be adjusted and roughly not costing too much. That Is why I'm think of just replacing my SR50 with the SR 60 provided it has "identical" base-part which does not affect my pipe-work.
Thanks

being as your an outsider and admit to it, the simple thing to do is leave well alone, you'll regret messing in the long term. Someone has already planned your system, proved it works and been paid to that effect years ago.

Hello, thank you for your frank suggestion. I will leave my system alone as you said, thank you once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it mechanical OK to replace a Wilo Gold SR50 pump with a Wilo Gold SR60's ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock