Discuss Impact drivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also loving the 10.8v Li-ion at the moment, got a nice little Bosch combi drill and my 18v Makita's are gathering dust!

I have the Bosch 10.8 V thinks that great does all I need and fits in my hands tool bag nicely

Ryobi are a massive industrial outfit. I used to have a colour printing press made by them. Their stuff is better than Bosch and a lot of other popular brands.

All my Dewalt stuff is great but it's let down by poor batteries. They don't last as well as the tools. I do like the Milwaukee M12 stuff and have bought a few tools. Only time will tell how good they are.

for an idea of what cells are in your tools batterys check this out

[DLMURL="http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,204.0.html"]Who's Using What? Lithium Ion. - DeWALT Owners Group - Forum for Dewalt owners[/DLMURL]

the above linked forum also has some good reviews/ testing of different brands batterys and performance etc. its a good place to learn. Plenty of brands use the same couple of brands and even the exact same cells in there batterys.

Last edited by a moderator:
milwaukee m12 and dewalt 10.8v owners check these threads out

[DLMURL="http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,439.0.html"]TESTING MILWAUKEE'S M12 RED LITHIUM ION BATTERY - DeWALT Owners Group - Forum for Dewalt owners[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL]http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,396.0.html[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been impressed with DeWalt. Hilti if I can afford it, else Milwaukee or Makita would be my choice.

Impact drivers on old screws can be troublesome as often you risk burring over the slots or shearing off the heads. Often I reckon it's better to use a high torgue at a steady slow turn.

Can't falt Hilti mate, once you've had Hilti you will never go back :D

Attachments

• 2013-03-06 13.31.10.jpg
    2013-03-06 13.31.10.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 124
Tried to buy Hilti when I upgraded my tools a few years ago. It was too much hassle, you had to get a quote from them direct, and if you ordered you would have to open an account. I like to get the RRP and then shop around for the best deals.

Their loss, as I bought a ÂŁ400 Makita combi drill, and have added to the collection over the years. Just bought the 18V SDS this very weekend.

Sure more would buy from them if they would put their products into stores, instead of being so exclusive.

BTW - that ÂŁ400 combi/impact driver I bought is CRAP!

When all this stuff is done in a few years, I will try again to buy Hilti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Impact drivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock