Search the forum,

Discuss ideal optia boiler failing to run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I am after a bit of advice for finding the fault on my boiler system I have which I rent out. A little info about the system. It is a gravity fed system with an ideal optia he 12 boiler. It is controlled by a Danfoss 102 mechanical timer. The boiler is set to come on at 7.30am to 9 am and again at 4pm till 10pm. It come on in the morning and work fine but for some reason it doesn't come on in the evening straight away. It fires up for fifty seconds and the goes out after making a kettle type noise. It then doesn't try again for 10minutes and will go through the same sequence. On maybe its third or fourth attempt it will stay going.

It it only does this on the evening setting and not the morning one. Is it possible that the timer is faulty and not telling the pump to start and that is why it is getting the kettling effect. But if it was the timer would it start eventually?

Any help gratefully recieved. Not sure if it's worth mentioning but the hot water cylinder was emptied a couple of weeks before this started to change the kitchen taps.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal optia boiler failing to run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock