Discuss HW tap just a dribble in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin1908

The HW tap in the bathroom basin has been reduced to a dribble. This happened overnight so was not a long term deterioration. I took the tap out to inspect it and found nothing wrong so it must be a blockage but where and how
Can the stop valve t blocked

have you tried taking the spindle out (tap top/head) and putting your hand over where it used to go and turn the water back on (slowly) , does it flow full through the tap

if yes your problem is the tap head

if not either your valve is blocked or something else down the line

Any strainer / economizer fitted at this outlet ?

(Like said -probable ruled out already ..oops )

Last edited:
Is the tap turning less turns? Usually it is the hot tap on modern taps that does this, although the cold can fail also.
If you take the works apart, - usually a clip on the top, a thread piece that goes into a hexagon shaped piston with tap washer on end and all inclosed inside a brass shell.
The bottom O ring on the piston part can wear & cause water to enter the works. Vaseline or silicone grease on that might help get it working. Sometimes better new works.

Last edited:
I would check the airator first if the tap has one, simple stupid check it isn't blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HW tap just a dribble in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock