Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hunter pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leek

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone come across this much?

Been asked to a change a bathroom in a house where all the existing hot and cold pipework is Hunter plastic pipe. Touched this stuff a long time ago but not much experience of it to be honest, but as its been discontinued I rang Hunter/Marley technical who said to file the end of the pipes as the o/d is 16mm and use a compression fitting with a soft copper olive. I have done this today and everything seems ok, but have walked away worrying that this is going to hold up. It is on a low pressure system, any thoughts? or has anyone done similar?

Thanks, Lee.

Maybe that would be better, I might feel happier about it. Will pop in tomorrow and sort it, just left the job feeling uneasy.

Thanks.

Ella mate John guest do a conversion coupler halve inch to 15 mm coupler works fine used this load of times but don't forget to put the collett clip into either end of the coupler
we have a big housing estate full of hunter Genova pipework I was also confused at first but started using this but not much else out there I'm afraid.
good luck.

Whyme, yes that's the stuff..

Wiggers, great thanks for that, that's reassuring! Popping out shortly so will grab the fittings, you would have thought the technical dept would have had a better option or advice, it seems as if this stuff was massively popular in the 70's, so this must crop up pretty often.

Whyme, yes that's the stuff..

Wiggers, great thanks for that, that's reassuring! Popping out shortly so will grab the fittings, you would have thought the technical dept would have had a better option or advice, it seems as if this stuff was massively popular in the 70's, so this must crop up pretty often.

Used to be a small place in Bracknell that did the fittings [Ball-Cock & Bits]

image.jpgHere is the fitting that I use, get onto copper wherever you can hunter is awful pipework to work with

Thanks all, managed to get them so mind at rest. Your right Wiggers, it really is. Be glad not to run into this stuff again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hunter pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock