Discuss how to wire a salus rt500 to an ideal isar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alanmg

I bought a house in need of a refurb about 6 months ago which I have nearly finished. The boiler is an ideal isar and has a drayton
mechanical timer/programmer and a honeywell analogue stat.

I have got a salus rt500 and want to replace the drayton and honeywell with this.
The salus is two wire volt free and I would appreciate any info on wiring this up from the existing wiring.
Photos attached.

Alan

Attachments

• P1000314.jpg
    P1000314.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 11
  • P1000312.jpg
    P1000312.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P1000313.jpg
    P1000313.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 10
  • P1000315.jpg
    P1000315.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 12
If it is a volt free and 2 wire its a room stat, not a timer/programmer. This will only control the boiler with regards to temprature. When this stat drops below a certain temprature it will call for heat and when that temprature is reached will call for the boiler to shutdown. This is quite different from what you currently have. If the position of these pictures is next to your boiler then your stat will need relocating. The procedure for installing a 2 wire stat is very simple. A wire will need to be run from terminal L1 and L2 inside the boiler to the location of the new stat whilst the wiring to the old timer/programmer needs to be removed.

There is obviously a risk of electric shock here so if your not competant get someone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to wire a salus rt500 to an ideal isar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back