Search the forum,

Discuss How to open pull out tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nik24nik

My pull out kitchen tap had suddenly lost pressure. The odd thing is every other tap in the house is fine, including showers. So it must be the tap. Connections underneath seem fine so I'm thinking a build up of some kind inside.
The issue is i can remove the whole pull out head but can't reach the mesh to clean it.
Does anyone knows how to open it?

There should be a filter on the outlet side of the tap handle.
The aerator. You may be able to remove this by hand or with the use of a spanner.
Some tap manufactures now require you to use a tool that was supplied with the tap to remove the aerator.

Clean filter - or do what I do - discard filter

Reply to How to open pull out tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock