Search the forum,

Discuss How many plumbers also do electrics? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it says, how many do electrics?
is it components and electrics associated with plumbing?
or do you also do house wiring?

Just trying to get an idea across the board

yes, everything. then I know a friendly spark that will inspect and cert for me.

Components inside the pumps, and only from the fused spur if installing.

Yes but not full houses, just things like from com to fcu etc

I prefer to do any wiring I can if it is straightforward and also because most Sparks are rough

I do my own heating wiring. But any testing is done by a sparks I know. He also does all my bathroom wiring. I can wire s plans quicker than him so he doesnt mind.

I dabble in a bit of electrics but I've got a contractor I use, there's 2 of them and they are good at heating so I'm happy, saves me couple hours and their cost is factored into the job.

Heating systems, immersion heaters, etc. Was part p years back. W.o.t!

Yes. Everything to do with heating. Industrial, commercial and domestic single and three phase.

wiring heating systems and from fused spur also any compoents and immersions

As it says, how many do electrics?
is it components and electrics associated with plumbing?
or do you also do house wiring?

Just trying to get an idea across the board

I think you need to define what you mean by electrics. In my experience most self cert electricians would not get involved with wiring heating systems preferring to leave that to the Competent Person or Benchmark certified tradesman. However, since 2005 I have never touched any paying customers electrics especially wet areas, preferring to leave responsibility and verification to a Part P sparks. This followed the successful prosecution and imprisonment of a local kitchen and bathroom installer for doing exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many plumbers also do electrics? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock