• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss How do I fit Bosch thermostatic valves to old radiators . in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Linkway Tom

background: I have 15 radiators 20+ years old with no thermostatic valves and Bosch instructions depend on replacing the actuator part only of old thermostatic valves. Surely there is an option for new complete valve replacing?
Tom

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
I’m guessing you mean there smart trv heads ?

Linkway Tom

I’m guessing you mean there smart trv heads ?
Yes , Bosch valves are only an activator head, but very smart and look good solution to reducing my oil bills. I need a valve that they can operate without buying new TRV valves and then swapping the actuator head.
Tom

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
You will have to buy new trv valves and pay someone to swap them onto your rads

Honeywell and danfoss fit them

Reply to How do I fit Bosch thermostatic valves to old radiators . in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net