Search the forum,

Discuss Hot Water Supply? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

ballofix

I have a customer who is renovating a property. His main concern is that he will be able to run 3nos Raindance showers at the same time for 10mins, which equates to approx. 75 litres per min.
I am looking into accumulators, break tanks and pumps to boost the cold water supply, but im unsure what would be the best way to supply the hot water which would be 50/55ltr/min for 10 mins
The boiler for heating the water would be decided once I know what will be distributing it, the underfloor heating requires 37kw, so I can either put one larger boiler in for both, or two, one for the heating and one for the hot water.
Anybody done anything along these lines. I don't mind overspecing it a little but I do not want to underspec it.
Thanks in advance.

Buy two cdi classics. External pumps on to the WB LLH. Run blended weather comps to the ch and blended to ufh. Smash the ACV SL 320 or 420. But the 420 will be under heated with only 80kw it will demolish 90kw!

ACV will wee all over any tank.

Thanks Ermintrude. I was looking at Tws tank in tank. WB LLH apparently are only good for 70 kw
Not sure what you mean about blended weather compensators? there is only ufh no rads

Last edited by a moderator:
Think they do a bigger one? If not buy one off the shelf. If your a clever bunny u can use your ACV SLME as a LLH.

Oh if it's jut ufh can u just set up as normal. Weather comp on ufh is a little bit too far. Just set up boilers for cylinder demand as that will outstrip ufh 10:1. 37kw of ufh? That's a lot? Over 600m2 at 75w/m2? Surely your house is better insulated than that? Defo need LLH and I would set up boilers on a slave basis. Or set one with a s/l for uff zone each and both for the DHW. Or perhaps use pipe stats to switch them in. Both boilers at low chugg will be inefficient.

Look at two ideal vogue 30 system boilers to a LLH. Thats 60kw which should keep your cylinder rocking. And you gas meter alive. You can bring back smart measure to boiler aswell.

HI Ermintrude. Thanks for the as always very informative reply. Why mate would you not have say 2 nos 35 kw boilers firing the ACV as apposed to 2 nos 30 kw.
Not questioning the wisdom only wanting to learn why :- )

TWS do a MainsBoost-plus™ Multi Vessel System?" Which would do it if sized correctly, give them a ring mate.

The uh was specified by Nu Heat. The property is 530 sqm and there is approx 8omtr of 35 mm suppling the manifolds plus 40 Mt r 28 . I can only go off there spec

TWS do a MainsBoost-plus™ Multi Vessel System?" Which would do it if sized correctly, give them a ring mate.

Hi Ch4. I have been in touch with TWS. They did spec me 4 not 450ltr accumulate that would give me 70 ltr for 14 mins
I've spoke to ***bria heating today and they have well bettered it at less money. Although having said that I've got the costings but not the flow rates....to be fair I do know that break tanks and pumps deliver a lot better flow rates but there is more maintance

Need a lot of space for those!!
cheaper isn't always best and all you can do is explain to the customer the on going costs of each system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Supply? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock