Discuss Help! Poor flow with shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

david6117

Done straight swop of shower for a new mixer. Gravity fed system. Old shower (Aqualisa) worked fine, flow was good.
Replaced with a new mixer valve which is designed for gravity fed and combi systems but flow is rubbish!!!

So far I have - checked water feed pipes are clear and not blocked, removed backflow valves and springs from mixer valve, checked no flow restrictor is fitted to shower head, tried alternative heads and hose of different inner diameter

The only thing remaining is the fact that i fitted the Z connector which adapts from 15mm to 22mm onto back of mixer valve and allows slight offset of water pipes,

I have noticed that the inner diameter of the Z connectors reduce to about 8mm!! Could this be the problem?

Hi David welcome to the forum, the old aqualisa showers where designed for a high flow and low head. 22mm pipes and a full flow shower body, so if you have resticted it to 8mm that may be the problem

Thanks Eco Warm,

Haven't changed anything other than the mixer. So 15mm pipes were already in place when old shower was fine.
Any idea if there is a z connector 15mm - 22mm which is straight through without a restricted internal diameter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! Poor flow with shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back