Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline Monza 24 cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeePetersen

I have installed a Heatline Monza 24 Combi which appears to be working correctly on the DHW mode. However when CH is called for the boiler fires up until the temp reading on the boiler reaches 65 degrees. The boiler then shuts off until the displayed temp drops to around 45 degrees. This cycle then continues. The pressure is currently showing 2 bar. There are no fault codes displayed. I have checked the CH parameter within the boiler settings and it is set at 78 degrees.

If it's a new install get the manufacturers out LeePetersen. Anyone else touching it could invalidate the warranty :) What temps are you getting f&R?

Thanks

The flow temp is 65, and return temp is nearly the same.

Just glanced through the mi's ... The factory preset temp is 75 DegC ... Just wondering if you've set the heating desired temp parameters up right?

Yes the boiler is new. Trouble is that my installer is now in Australia until after Christmas.

I have gone into the settings and can confirm that the heating setting (option 41) is at 75. I even tried lowering this number to 60 to see if the boiler cut out earlier, but it still rose, and cut out at 65. I spoke to Heatline and they believe that it's the external thermostate, but I have tried this and it did not make any difference. Regarding the F&R temps. You are correct. I checked again and there is about 20 degree difference at the point the boiler cuts out.

If you know how to get into the perameters you can also access the flow and return temps there ... Did Heatline not suggest that they send one of their engineers out? As mentioned before it is under warranty!

I have just check again. The flow was 65 and the return 51 when the boiler stopped. I have also mistyped the parameter in my previous reply. The CH temp setting is on parameter 71 not 41.

No, they just said that what I am describing does not happen. No mention of a call out

Well personally if you have the demand for heating temp set at it's max and its cutting out at 65 there is little else you can do? Maybe get a second head to check you've set it all up correctly or ask Heatline for a call :)

There may be someone on here who has installed one of these boilers and is more familiar with setting it up than myself ... I'd be interested in finding out what the outcome is :)

Hi I have this exact same problem in my newly installed heatline minca 24
Did you get to the bottom of this fault.
Mines calling for heat via the room stat and if the boiler fires up it with cut out straight away as it's reached it's set point temp within 30 seconds. It's stuck in bypass as the flow and return do not get hot but pump is running.
Checked feed to 3way valve and I only have one live there so something is holding the valve off. This was only installed yesterday by my dad and were scratching our heads over this. I'm a electrical/refrigeration/ air con engineer so can diagnose pretty well, just didnt grt the time last night, if anyone can help out I'm sure it's something simple or possibly a faulty pcb board?

If newly installed, just get installer / manufactured out otherwise you will void the warenty.

Ok thanks I will give them a call. My dad installed it ( gas safe obouisly ) and goes on holiday in a couple of days. Will get the electric heaters out over Xmas until I get time to sort it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Monza 24 cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock