Discuss Heating working, no hot water in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Your expertise would be appreciated on this issue:

Heating is working fine upstairs and downstairs, boiler is firing no issue. However, when I switch on hot water on the programmer and turn up the thermostat on the cylinder the boiler fires and I can see the EPH motorised 2-port valve lighting up and turning the valve body, however hot water is NOT flowing through the valve body and into the cylinder.

Things I've tried:
  • Removing the motorised valve and manually turning the knob on the value body - still no hot water flowing
  • Swapping the motorized valve for the upstairs heating valve which I know is working (I also switched the power cables to ensure it was the hot water cable going into the valve) - still no hot water flowing. I thought it might be an issue with the microswitch but I think this test has now ruled that out?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi Undertrained.

Thanks for the reply. See attached video and photo.
Any advice would be appreciated.
IMG_20211103_134047214.jpg

Regards

Have you tried turning the heating on then removing the hot water head and opening the valve to see if it gets warm ?

Turn the red gate valve off
remove the filling loop off the valve behind the pump connections make sure the valves are closed first

Then put that end in a bucket and open the black valve and at the same time open the port valve manually you should get flow through eg system pressure will drop

If you don’t port valve needs replacing the whole lot

Yes that’s the one next to the filling loop

You haven’t messed with this valve yet as this would stop flow ?

All the way unless you get a vibration noise from the cylinder then just close it till it stops should be 1/2-3/4 open

Reply to Heating working, no hot water in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back