Search the forum,

Discuss Heating failing to come on... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JWTMoore

Hi,
I have a Camray 15/21 external boiler run by the traditional Sundial Y Plan system. All has run well for years but recently I have had a few problems. The boiler has had a new riello burner fitted and also a new boiler thermostat. I have replaced the programmer with a Honeywell ST9400A programmer and also replaced the motor in the Honeywell V4073A motorised valve. I found that the water heating has worked well but that the central heating did not always come on. I found that tif I removed the Cylinder thermostat the heating did come on. I thought it must be a faulty stat so have also replaced that. However the same thing is happening. ie. the heating is erratic coming on when I remove the cylinder stat.
Any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating failing to come on... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It has become a common occurrence that my boiler is failing to respond when the thermostat kicks in. I hear an audible click from the heatlink when thermostat is turned up but nothing else happens. Our heating programmer next to the water cylinder is set to continuous and all looks OK. The...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
It has become a common occurrence that my boiler is failing to respond when the thermostat kicks in. I hear an audible click from the heatlink when thermostat is turned up but nothing else happens. Our heating programmer next to the water cylinder is set to continuous and all looks OK. The...
Replies
Views
Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler condensate pipe. It was cracked at an elbow so the plumber we use has replaced this and hopefully all will be well with that joint. This later prompted me...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock