Discuss Have you ever / would you ever; Work for a Plumbing Supplier / Plumbing Wholesaler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Have you ever / would you ever; Work for an Plumbing Supplier / Plumbing Wholesaler

• Yes, I do now

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yes, I did a while back

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No, I never would

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No, I could see me working for one online though

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, I could see me working for one offline, maybe the local merchants.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Lou

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Subscribed
Have you ever / would you ever; Work for a Plumbing Supplier / Electrical Wholesaler - POLLTIME!

PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS VIA FACEBOOK, WHATSAPP, FACEBOOK GROUPS, OTHER FORUMS ETC WE WILL BE PUSHING THIS HARD FOR A FEW MONTHS.

Please join in and help make the thread have lots of long decent posts in them. It'll really help the forum out.

LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING ICON IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF EACH POst
1715031709392.png

I will telly you a funny story about me getting a job at a tile manufacturers that will make you pee your pants. - Someone hold me to this I will forget.

TL;DR Let's see if we can make this a massive poll and discussion. This could be interesting. Please all join in. Feel free to make it a fantasy if needs be. :) Have fun. p.s. You can change your vote over time.

Not plumbers but I did work for Topps Tiles for a couple of years a couple of decades ago now!

I worked at a large independant plumber's merchants in Essex (formally Compass Plumbing) for seven years before leaving to go out on my own on the tools. I mostly liked working there, it just wasn't my actual 'career', more a stepping stone to my career. I learned a lot and i thought it was a good start to gain a lot of knowledge of the industry.

Yes in the late 1970's and almost all of the 1980's. It was a good job back then and really well paid.
The only drawback was the monotony, especially after 15 years or so. I went self-employed and back on the tools full time.
I could have opened my own merchants instead, many did, as it was really profitable then, but I don't think my liver or lungs could have kept up.

Reply to Have you ever / would you ever; Work for a Plumbing Supplier / Plumbing Wholesaler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, ÂŁ23.789 - ÂŁ34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Plumbers and Plumbing Work During COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic (Public Weekly Thread) Firstly, Hi lads and ladies. Apologies it has been a...
Replies
Views
Here it is, the poll for the Most Used Plumbing Merchants 2017! We asked UKPlumbersForums.co.uk, the most used plumbing advice website for...
Replies
Views
Good I am looking for a work shadowing opportunity with a view to work alongside an experienced plumber/heating engineer on a part time basis...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock