Discuss Has any one heard of CombiSave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tara, I apologize for our web site but a new web designer will hopefully have the new one finished next month. You are right that there would not be much difference at lower flows with the combisave fitted but nearly everyone turns the tap on full with the lower 24 - 28KW boilers as they only give a flow rate of around 8-10 litres per minute. The CombiSave very accurately controls the flow down to 2.5 litres and up to maximum boiler output to maximize the warm up. It is what some people have been trying to do for years to speed up the water delivery but the CombiSave does it accurately every time whoever, whenever or whatever demands hot water. It also saves around the £100+ of gas charges per year as you can turn off the pre heat due to the fact the CombiSave give a similar performance to preheat.
Just a reminder that it is a multi-award winning device, so some people in high places are backing it.
Cheers

Dave

Dave came to fit one at a house for me, before it took around 10 litres to get 38 degrees, when it was fitted it took around 5 litres. The time was basically halved I cant remember the exact times but from i think 58 seconds before to around 30 after.
The flow rate is adjustable and so is the temperature, both by turning a screw on the valve.
Its very easy to fit and will adjust to any pipe configuration.
Any competent DIYer reading this considering it buy one from the combisave website, easy to fit yourself.
I'll be recommending it, already going to fit one at another house, it basically halves the water bill if on a meter, and obviously saves on gas at the same time. Some might think its a bit expensive at the minute but it will only take a year or so at the most to pay for its self and will last for 20+ years so cant loose

got me a new combisave valve installed courtesy of Dave.
results are as follows...

pre combisave time taken to get hot water at 45 degrees from hot tap = 31 seconds
post combisave = 26 seconds

pre combisave volume of water wasted prior to 45 degree water delivery = 5 litres
post combisave = 2.5 litres

obviously my boiler was performing better than those in the above tests however, even though my water saving was less in terms of volume, when expressed as a % it is still 50% which is pretty impressive.
on water savings alone it will pay for itself in 18 months, but the 5 seconds less delivery time from boiler ignition to delivery ensures that additional savings will be made on gas also.

all in all i have to say i'm pretty impressed with the whole thing, it is easy and quick to install, solidly built quality valve from a manufacturer with a proven pedigree, and offers RESULTS.

i will definitely be recommending this product to my customers.

KJ

dave has kindly offered to install one at my house next week, so watch this space as there will be another before and after comparison coming soon..............

Have just heard Radio 2 expounding virtues.
The same savings and performance can be achieved by only half opening hot tap, thus savings of £95+ !!
With a bit of thought you can easily achieve this practice.

The kiss of death hangs over this product. BG are now fitting em lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

That's partly right, but no one can do it precisely-ever. Nor can you teach everyone in the house or possibly your washing machine to do it every time. In the same mind of thinking you can throw away your TV remote controls to push the buttons on the telly and your car and use your bike again as this will still get you from A-B... but not as good!!!
Cheers

Why on earth are they not fitted to boilers as standard?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Portishead,

There are a number of manufactures looking at the CombiSave at the moment as it is also designed to be installed during the manufacturing process. Potterton tried something similar back in the 90's but it was a bit of a complicated affair.
Hope that answers your question.
Cheers

Dave

I like em. My wife found it infuriating at first and i must admit i still shout at the tap occasionally 'give me some bloody water' but on the whole pretty good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hi Portishead,
This type of valve with a wax capsule and spring were fitted to all potterton puma combi's as standard over 20 years ago when water meters were first installed down south!
Re-inventing the wheel springs to mind.
I still service some of these boilers and they are going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has any one heard of CombiSave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens...
Replies
Views
A close relative has moved to a new property and there is a small ground floor toilet room with a non working extractor fan fitted to the ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock