Discuss Grundfos Pump - has it failed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowsride

My Boulter Buderus Camray boiler has shutdown and I think it may be a failed pump. It has a Grundfos UPS 25-60 pump fitted and I removed the large screw to check if the impeller was rotating. From past experience I would expect a steady, but not powerful, stream of water to run from the bottom of the screw hole but I am getting a thin, powerful, jet of water coming straight out of the middle of pump shaft - it almost looks like there's a hole or depression in the middle of the shaft - there is no keyway so I can't use a screwdriver to try to free it up.

When there is power to the boiler it sounds like the pump is running but as soon as the boiler is actually switched on it locks out.

Grateful for any advice.

If you put a large flat head screwdriver you will be able to turn the shaft. Have you checked water press in the system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pump not running would not make the burner go to lock out, have you got oil?

Thanks for feedback - am calling heating engineer as I can't identify the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos Pump - has it failed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock