Discuss Grundfos Alpha2L issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Are you sure the valves above and below are fully open ? The wiring of the pump plug needs attention aswell there shouldn't be any wiring showing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217-063707~2.png
    Screenshot_20230217-063707~2.png
    940.2 KB · Views: 12
A number of videos I've watched on YouTube show the pump "upside down" with the waterflow arrow pointing down. I've checked mine and it's the opposite way around!.
Would this have anything to do with my problem and I've attached a photo of the set up to see what you expert's think.
Thanks again for all this help.
20230217_155723.jpg

The pump just comes assembled your way, pumping upwards, if you require it to pump downwards (like mine) you turn the pump 180 deg so as the arrow is pointing downwards and then just remove the 4 studs and turn the head through 180 degrees. Nothing to do with your problem.
As suggested check your harness wiring and probably no harm to shut the pump isolation valves, remove the 4 studs. remove the pump head and backflush the pump from both ends, inspect the impeller, clean with a tie wrap through the vanes if required, re assemble.

Reply to Grundfos Alpha2L issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock