Discuss Ground source water map in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Can anyone provide a direct link to the environment agencies ground source and borehole maps please? I have tried going through the OFTEC installers portal but after about 15 minutes of trying I gave up and I need to check on one of my services for the TI/133D

This what you're looking for:
As discussed, from 1[SUP]st[/SUP] October 2010, Approved Document J of the Building Regulations for England and Wales has added to the risk assessment and will require all new and replacement oil storage tanks not exceeding 2500 litres to be provided with secondary containment, if they are located within Zone 1 (inner protection zone) of an Environment Agency Groundwater Source Protection Zone (SPZ).

SPZs have been identified by the Environment Agency to protect 2000 groundwater sources (e.g. wells, boreholes and springs) used for public drinking water supply from activities that may cause pollution. Zone 1 is defined as the 50 day travel time from any point below the water table to the source. This zone has a minimum radius of 50 metres.

The Environment Agency has set up an internet tool which can be used by technicians to indicate areas of groundwater based on a postcode entry.

For further information and to find out where SPZs exist in your region, please visit Environment Agency - What's in your backyard?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries on this or if I am able to be of further technical assistance in the future.

Kind regards,

Matthew Northcott
Technical Officer

OFTEC
Oil Firing Technical Association
Foxwood House, Dobbs Lane, Kesgrave, Ipswich IP5 2QQ

Tel: 0845 65 85 080 Fax: 0845 65 85 181
www.oftec.org

What information are you looking for?

Water quality? or for the geological data for a GSHP?

Water sources to complete oil tank assessment by the looks of it.

Cheers Bunker - exactly what I was after. Just couldn’t get it to show up last night. Oh well I've got it now, and bookmarked it for future ref :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ground source water map in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock