Discuss Grinding vibrating vaillant combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Afternoon guys, going to look at a job on Friday, they've got a vaillant ecotech combi and it makes a loud vibrating / grinding noise, but only if the heating is on and then they use the hot water it does not do it when it's just hot water being demanded or just heating. I'm thinking it might be the diverter ??? Any ideas greatly appreciated as I don't really do breakdowns or repairs tend to only do my own installs then maintain my own install

had one of those recently, quiet as a mouse now, nice new Intergas in its place :)

Probably the pump, mine makes a racket too. there were two different kinds if memory serves me correctly. Most are upgraded to a Grundfos when replaced

did you buy that sparky core drill lame ? my old makita died today

ordered a 240v one of bigred toolbox, got sent a 110v one after 8 day delay, not impressed so sending it back, only problem being they are kicking off as I am not at home in day so they want me to pay to send it. Being their manager told me to shut up and put the phone down on me, Im being stubborn, so after a while I got an email today asking which Sat tnt express can collect it, my last response is where is my drill I want, they had 5 days to collect, gone over that still no drill, hitting the county court system for return of my monies or give me my drill asap. Await a response tomorrow now, ****ed off as I have a hole waiting to be cored and what looked like a good deal has been a pain in the arris. All those saying keep the 110, fine but I cant be bothered with the transforming floating round the van, plus 110 kills as well as 240, but you can put an rcd on a 240 and thatll save your life!!

mind you, the drill itself is a meaty looking bit of kit, hope the clutch works!! went for the 3 speed one. ÂŁ283 I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's vibrating when it's modulating then check co2 try it at the lowest setting and the highest setting. Had a few like this and that's what the Vaillant engineer said to do.

If it's vibrating when it's modulating then check co2 try it at the lowest setting and the highest setting. Had a few like this and that's what the Vaillant engineer said to do.

Did he mention if there's a way to adjust the minimum? I know how to check it, but never known how to adjust it.

Did he mention if there's a way to adjust the minimum? I know how to check it, but never known how to adjust it.

No I should of asked him. I can remember him saying don't touch the screw in the middle of the gas valve as it will need a new gas valve if you do. This was as I was trying to solve what some idiot had done during a service.

low rate and high rate can be done in service mode , from memory.

Ye, you can access the minimum and maximum by P1 & P2 settings, just never really known how to adjust the minimum CO2 % (if possible)

Some of the vaillant that have been installed in the past year or so have been set up from the factory wrong so have needed adjustment, it's causes vibration but not the grinding noise but worth checking out.

when running on heating and at low rate, an unstable flame occurs sometimes

go into installer level

set d50 to 450 rpm
set d121 to enrich

hope this helps

some boilers have been set at 300 rpm and this does not need to be adjusted if boiler operating satisfactorily and there is no noise issues.

ive found some as low as 140 rpm, done the above and all good, hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grinding vibrating vaillant combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back