Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity fully Pumped Shower Problem>Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, Only a shower which a friend has a gravity fully pumped sealed heating system installed, with three port valve etc!

What I was fussing about was that the boiler and the cylinder are sited downstairs in the kitchen, and the f&e (cwsc) tank upstairs which replace water to cylinder and also supply the cold outlets in bathroom toilet etc..

They are considering in replacing old bath taps to shower mixer taps.

Now, the cold water feed (f&e) upstairs would be at the height of the shower head when mounted on the wall and to incorporate a pump anywhere is not simple as all the pipes from the h/w cylinder and the cwsc tank are immediately consealed and distant apart for me to fit shower pump. One place would be immediately under the bath? (Is this going to be noisy???)

To fit a "power shower" without the 75mm gap allowance from the bottom of the cswc to the shower head I understand is not convenient, and the cwsc cannot be raised any higer than where its sited at present.

What or where can I fit a pump in a convenient place

:77:

that's an option. you can't really put the pump under a bath unless stated so in the instructions as it will invalidate the guarantee

Pumps are for pushing and not really for pulling. Under the bath would be to far away from the cylinder (I'm guessing).

that's an option. you can't really put the pump under a bath unless stated so in the instructions as it will invalidate the guarantee
Thanks Steve, but believe me I'm seearching..!!, as for a power shower, this is still not appropriate I suppose, as this type of shower has to be sited in a positive head position???

Pumps are for pushing and not really for pulling. Under the bath would be to far away from the cylinder (I'm guessing).

Yea sure thang Mick, Thanks, but like I've said, the hot water tank is sited in downstairs kitchen and the cswc is is at the highest point in the dwelling, so we wont have any problems with impellers and cold the feed.

But any ideas with the power shower system. do you reckon its worth a try mate..and I'm not talking rugby!!

Erk..!!

Yea sure thang Mick, Thanks, but like I've said, the hot water tank is sited in downstairs kitchen and the cswc is is at the highest point in the dwelling, so we wont have any problems with impellers and cold the feed.

But any ideas with the power shower system. do you reckon its worth a try mate..and I'm not talking rugby!!

Erk..!!

Okay Spanner, so just to confirm the bathroom is above the kitchen and the cylinder is in the kitchen ? You would get terrible cavitation if you put a pump one story up ie under the bath. It's sometimes tempting to lower the temp of your stored hot water but not advisable, obviously.

Okay Spanner, so just to confirm the bathroom is above the kitchen and the cylinder is in the kitchen ? You would get terrible cavitation if you put a pump one story up ie under the bath. It's sometimes tempting to lower the temp of your stored hot water but not advisable, obviously.

Thanks Mick, but as you probably gather about the rule in power showers and positive head positioning such a unit, I;m thinking of taking the chance of fitting one although we have the gravity from the cswc, I;m sure the impeller would opperate sufficiently. The cswc is is highest in the house basically would be "just" above the the shower head when fitted to the wall ok...but doesn't have that accessed clearance of 75mm from base of the cswc and shower head....HEY is this comfusing ...I HOPE NOT..cheers Micky

Thanks Mick, but as you probably gather about the rule in power showers and positive head positioning such a unit, I;m thinking of taking the chance of fitting one although we have the gravity from the cswc, I;m sure the impeller would opperate sufficiently. The cswc is is highest in the house basically would be "just" above the the shower head when fitted to the wall ok...but doesn't have that accessed clearance of 75mm from base of the cswc and shower head....HEY is this comfusing ...I HOPE NOT..cheers Micky

Hi Spanner. I've seen quite a few pump installs that to my mind (and the manufacturers mind) shouldn't work properly but do. I think yours could be borderline but I'm sure you'll lucky and get away with it. :)

Cheers pal I'm sososo sure..its just that I cant stop thinking of that gap from the tank, but like I've said, there is gravity, and to a virtical measure you'd have abouts 600mm 0.6m from top water level of cswc to top of shower head when wall mounted equivalent of appprox 0.5 bar intensity pressure. Well first is first I must go and check out these power showers to see instructions and flow allowances ...Been a real great help pal...Cheers I'll keep ya posted in progress:77:

Might be worth looking at the aqualisa quarts & visage digital pumped showers, the pump unit only has to be about 10cm below bottom of cwsc.

Might be worth looking at the aqualisa quarts & visage digital pumped showers, the pump unit only has to be about 10cm below bottom of cwsc.

Blod, If its 10cm below cswc,..Is there anything with a 5cm or 2.5cm I'll go and google that aquqlisa quarts Cheers mate..

Blod, If its 10cm below cswc,..Is there anything with a 5cm or 2.5cm I'll go and google that aquqlisa quarts Cheers mate..

Yep, the quartz mixes before it goes through the pump to no real chance of cavitation in the pump at 43 degrees.

Yep, the quartz mixes before it goes through the pump to no real chance of cavitation in the pump at 43 degrees.
Cheers pal ...boy I did a bit of splorin, but really looking for a Triton I thinky....Bit spensive..going e-bay now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity fully Pumped Shower Problem>Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock