Discuss Grant vtx eco 2635 v warmflow u120he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PaulDibden

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the best boiler out of these two, as I am about to change my 43 year old myson boiler which has finally been giving out distress signals recently ie leaking water etc!! I am going to link the boiler with boiler stove via a H2 panel. Regards Paul Dibden

Grant boiler every time.
They are efficient, well built & fairly easy to service, for an engineer. Warmflows have a lot of issues sadly, (try google Warmflow boiler faults) so avoid.
Don't expect any boiler to do 40years though! Hope for 10 - 20 years! :smile:

Last edited:
I'm not an engineer, but I know what my trade customers prefer, and its 75% Grant, 25% Worcester. No tradesman seems interested in buying any other make of oil boiler. I tried stocking Warmflow (couldn't sell them) Gerkross (went bust) and a few others - now I've stopped bothering, and only list Grant and Worcester.

Wouldn't touch grant with a bargepole, but that's just me. Heat only I've fitted a few warmflow and not had an issue, for combis it's gotta be a worcester.

Thank you, I will see what other replies I get & go from there.

Wouldn't touch grant with a bargepole, but that's just me. Heat only I've fitted a few warmflow and not had an issue, for combis it's gotta be a worcester.

Warmflow standard efficiency boilers years ago often give years of reliable service, - some have got to 25years, but sadly I hate the newer ones, especially the latest H.E. boilers. Reasons are, thermostats are failing, baffles are poor, as hard to fit them staggered properly, seal perishes on heat exchanger door & needs changed 1 or 2 years max, or fumes will escape. But the worst issue is a lot have leaked inside. I have never recommended them.
The question was Grant or Warmflow, so I said Grant, but Worcester is another good option & i hear their combos are good.

Not sold on Grant's baffle configuration but as said their HE boilers are ahead of Warmflow's. Which is a shame because WF had a very good rap with their standard efficiency boilers. Worcester Bosch are worth considering as are Turco.

Not played with any Firebird HE's yet so can't comment on them!

Grants every time. Trianco would be my 2nd choice.

Warmflows IMO are pants and leak like sieves, and just had to scrap a 3 year old Firebird which had a failed condensing unit, so wouldnt touch either with a bargepole. Worcesters are OK but have some annoying leaky bits I have found and not a fan of the combis. True I have had the odd issue with Grants but I think they were all teething troubles, easily fixed in any case and probably all sorted out by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant vtx eco 2635 v warmflow u120he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock