Search the forum,

Discuss Glow-worm Flexicom 18 sx 'No demand for hot water/heating' can you help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

covuk77

Hello there,

I have a Glow-worm Flexicom 18sx boiler which has stopped working while we were on holiday.
I.E. everything seems fine with the controls & bolier but there is no longer hot water or heating on demand.

Now, as we were away, obviously nothing has changed, so I've tried to diagnose the problem myself and have got so far:

There is no error code message on the boiler.
A 'status' report shows s30, meaning there is 'no demand' for heating or hot water.
The 3 port valve seems to move as it should.
I had a quick look at the diagnostic reports and could see nothing wrong other than the 'no demand' problem.
All heating controls are on and seem to work as normal.
I have changed the 'Assembly housing' unit for a new one for no effect.
The pump seems fine, i.e. I turned the screw on the front and clean water started to seep out.

The only thing that seems strange to me (though I can't see how it would change just by being away for 2 weeks) is that if I test the room stat with a circuit tester, it appears that there is no power to the unit, which doesn't make sense to me, not being a plumber. However, that doesn't explain the lack of hot water on demand...

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow-worm Flexicom 18 sx 'No demand for hot water/heating' can you help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock