Discuss Getting work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
hi every one

I am currently working for a company but was wondering if there are any companies/agencies that you can register with
to get extra work.

if so has anyone tried them out........

thanks

try pputting cards in shop windows , small bit of advertising in local mags etc

Have you got your own gas safe and public liability? Don't forget if you're on the cards you need to register as self employed as well if you're working on the side.

As Mike jackson says, if you are working for a Co, you will-not be coverd to work on gas , and could leave yourself open to prosecution, plus risk loseing your job if the boss fine's out !!

Yes I am gas safe registered and have my own ltd company set up.

just wondered how I can get some extra work.

Alot of other engineers asking same question, agencies not doing much or offering low rate's want you to multi task !

Advert in the paper, leaflets all the usual ways. This however, takes time, money and effort. Speak with local builders etc.

I wouldn't run as a ltd as a side line, you'll pay more tax and more for accountancy than its worth. you could trade under the same name as a sole trader though and then if things progress move over to ltd at the right time. This is what I have done, i've declared the ltd company dormant but i secures the trading name so that no one can trade under the same name (theoretically!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said... Power Flush require and install new boiler, ==== After the boiler was started, it was...
Replies
Views
I was finished my plumber course level2 need company o man to signature my portfolio. I was finished last year. I try to find company no easy to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock