Discuss Geographical areas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

centra

Hi guys

Does anyone have a formula they use for going out of their geographical area? We cover a large area but sometimes get caught out on price, trying to stay competitive but not lose money.

Do you add an extra hour charge for example?
Fuel mileage?
A percentage if over X amount of miles?

Not sure if this is post is allowed. Not asking for prices just interested!

Thanks

Always charge from leaving base to getting back plus mileage.

Charge for the time taken out of your day.

Depending on the customer , I aledgely charge from when the van starts moving to either home or the next job , I dont charge mileage .

VW Caddy comes in at roughly 60p per mile, that`s fuel, depreciation and running costs over 3yrs according to a quick google search.

I charge 40 pence per mile from my doorstep, i always put my price a touch higher as well and an extra day for snags that may occur so in all it looks quite pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Geographical areas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A LL cert costs around £50 in my area for 2 appliances. I find that I am really struggling to complete it in an hour to make it worthwhile for...
Replies
Views
Evening lads/lassies I'm not sure if this is allowed in here......If not please delete. I am running a small company - 5 lads (3 tradesmen, 1...
Replies
Views
R
if i get some work leads as i am good at answereing the phone and office work, maybe i can skim a profit of those that can actually do the job ...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm just studying all the extra costs of equipment, FGA servicing, courses and exams plus annual registration fees that go with gas and...
Replies
Views
Need a couple of favours from you guys. I'm hoping as an Arms member, you can help out a bit. THE PROBLEM As you probably know, the forum is...
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock