Discuss Gas installers workmate app in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mbear

Anyone got it?

Is it any good?
£30, you'd think an app at this price would be top notch.

I was looking at an advert for that yesterday. looks ok, bit pricey though.

It sounds and looks handy as anything. All the reviews are gd that I've seen. I think each MI is in PDF format and u save all the MIs u use regularly to the phone but can still access unsaved ones through 3G/wifi as and when u need it.

I think for that price, the app should come with all the manuals on the app. what happens when your at a boiler. No boiler manual, which is every 3rd boiler these days. And you have no 3G! £29.99 wasted. Not so sure, the idea is good though!

U misunderstand me. If u want them all saved then u can. U can save all baxi boilers MI for eg in the one go. U decide which manufacturer u want saved to ur phone. It just means it takes up more storage in the memory. As I said, save every MI from every manufacturer or just what u want/need

What I meant is for the price, they should all be in the app rather than having to download them. But I see what your saying. The potential is there.

whats wrong with ringing the manufacturers? BAXI, Worcester and ideal will send them out FOC,if the boiler brand you fit wont question its loyalty to the installer/engineer

Just handy to have it on your phone I suppose. I use my I-phone for everything else, it's my office :0)

The point is u don't need a laptop or loads of MI books to carry round. All the MI's are in ur phone. Most ppl have smart phones these days so seems a logical step to have them on your phone. Saves laptop upkeep costs and possible laptop repair costs.

bleepers them where the days,no mobile phones, no computers,ringing in from pay phones,
job and dart,happy days

I remember these well. Just after the time when i used to have to chuck a small stone up to my mates window to get there attention! The good old pager! ;0)

i pulled down every domestic boiler manual in existence the other day took me half an hour. put them onto my smart phone and voila. all in pdf format. i'm sure i could sort something out for you guys. i have 580 manuals in total

Looking at gas apps, can anyone tell me if the £29.99 for the gas installers workmate app is an annual fee or a one off payment?

i pulled down every domestic boiler manual in existence the other day took me half an hour. put them onto my smart phone and voila. all in pdf format. i'm sure i could sort something out for you guys. i have 580 manuals in total
if you can put them on dropbox and post a link in the pdf library which i think is in the arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas installers workmate app in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back