Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Hobs and Cookers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondering what paperwork you guys issue after installing one.

Have a customer on an insurance job and she told me the insurance company want to see 'all relevant paperwork' after gas hob installation. I know they are non-notifiable but what paperwork is issued. I normally just fill out the MIs at the back adding the results of the tightness test.

Cheers Guys

Just an invoice is sufficient.
The very fact that it was installed by a GSR installer - which it will say on your invoice - is enough to be "all relevant paperwork".

In this instance I would give them a homeowner safety report or maybe a gas inspection report plus an invoice.

When I fit a cooker for a council house tenant I leave an invoice and a CP12, just documenting a tightness test and a visual of all other appliances

Waste of time in the end, the cupboards were too close 700mm above and only 400mm at the sides no 50mm gap. Builder wasnt happy when i said no paperwork till those cupboards have been moved.

Dont think he'll be calling me back

if the customer wants it registered with gas safe register it and charge for doing it mate all extra cash

How come these are non notifiable?

The Building Regulations do not currently recognise these appliances as Heat Producing Appliances or Fixed Building Services. Therefore it is not compulsory to notify this type of appliance. However, many home owners expect them to be notified and this service is available to registered businesses through Gas Safe Register.

Waste of time in the end, the cupboards were too close 700mm above and only 400mm at the sides no 50mm gap. Builder wasnt happy when i said no paperwork till those cupboards have been moved.

Dont think he'll be calling me back

It's very rare that you ever see the correct clearances for a hob!

I know, but if your installing it and issuing paperwork to an insurance company, probably best to err on side of caution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Hobs and Cookers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock