Discuss Gas fire problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Downtown

I went to reconnect a gas fire. The flue pulls fine when the fire isn't lit but when the fire is lit it spills back into the room. I'm guessing the canopy is too smal or it is too high? Has anyone else
ever come across this?

Its not working properly wahtever it is! spilling fumes is ID and not your problem other than to make safe IMO ... If they insist you repair it then you have to find the info needed to do so or step back and say I do not know how too! IMO

I know the type of installs you now mention but hav no experience of working with them and would rather not have :)

It's a gazco fire, can't help you with the model i'm afraid as it doesn't say on the data badge and gazco couldn't identify it over the phone lol. One of the pilots weren't touching the thermocouple very well and the
fire was going out and they couldn't tell me how to adjust the pilot pressure fs. Anyway it's a free standing fire in the middle of a restaurant. a big double fire and the chimney isn't directly connected to it. It's a flue and then a canopy just above it. I assume this is just a safety device to make sure the there would be no spillage into the restaurant.

now it might be commercial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gies a chance big guy

Yeah, of course i id'd it and disconnected it. The whole point of me going to it was to reconnect it and leave it working for them. i just posted this thread for abit of advice as it was drawing when it was cold but not when the fire was on and i've never encountered this problem before.

Had it lots with conventional fires conected to brick chimneys ... What kind of ventilation is recomended? You've got o have enough comming in to go out I'd imagine :)

Never checked tbh, i lit it up and it wasn't pulling so i id'd it and said i'd be back tomorrow to check it as i had a boiler breakdown to attend to. I'd guess there is plenty as the room it is situated in is huge.

the fan could be one called Exhausto, as you say fan must run before fire can be lit, your restaurant is'nt in manchester is it.

Going back to the spillage, perhaps there isn't much flue pull, which isn't good news but although the fan is running maybe its not running as it should. Just a thought that maybe a couple of things to consider. I'd I.D and get out. Can't win them all

Marleyco
why ID and then go, he's been asked to fix it, all it needs is a systematic approach as with boilers, start basics then expand, there is'nt a lot with these fans, aps wiring and fan and motor, just need to check them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock