Search the forum,

Discuss Gas analysers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Where's best to pick up a bargain with these folks?

What do you call a bargain?

I've got a testo 310 which has been fine for the past 2 years and relatively inexpensive £339 + vat I think

I've got the printer but rarely use it now. I think I got mine for about that price with printer on an offer, but I think it's that price without now.

I've got the printer but rarely use it now. I think I got mine for about that price with printer on an offer, but I think it's that price without now.

That was good offer. Think mine cost about £450 inc vat (printer kit)
The way I look at it is at that price, when the analyser needs a big service it might be better to just replace the bare analyser with brand new identical one.

kane 455 is good value and only £80 or so per service for 5 years, no brainer when compared to other analysers when you add up total costs over 5 years

I wanted the Kane 455 for functions & simplicity, but costs were fairly high when I added it all up for initial purchase plus costs from here for calibration. On fifth year Kane told me there's a hefty charge.
Overall, it probably costs £200 min a year to own an analyser counting everything

I had a 327 and when it got to 3 years old I bought this one. As you say it's cheaper just to buy a new one rather than change the cells.

Not to keen on the Kane as it's quite bulky and takes ages to purge etc. I've got one that another guy uses and it's had to go back twice because it's thrown a wobbly. Credit to Kane though, they've turned it around in a couple of days and FOC both times, I just paid postage to send to them.

I've always used testo and they've never missed a beat, I use JMW to calibrate though, testo though plumb center is utter ****e.

That was good offer. Think mine cost about £450 inc vat (printer kit)
The way I look at it is at that price, when the analyser needs a big service it might be better to just replace the bare analyser with brand new identical one.

Don't hold me on it, I can't remember now but I know it was a good deal at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas analysers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I didn't notice that the trap had water in there and when the pump came on it sucked some into the analyser now I'm not getting any readings is this a simple fix any help would be much appreciated
Replies
Views
Hey all. I have a 455 analyser which is 11yrs old. It is now £205 + vat a yr to get it calibrated. Now I heard of the kane trade up deal where you can get 20% off when you buy a new analyser. The thing is, kanes prices are 20% higher than all other places that sells them so ac5ually no deal at...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at the above, hoping it will be a good all-purpose tool for repairing our 2 megawatt furnaces. I'm a bit unsure if I need any of the options on it, I don't want to overcomplicate things, but don't want to miss anything out I want to use it for pressure testing and leak testing too...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock