Search the forum,

Discuss freezing iron pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fisky

hey there fellas anyone able to advise as to whether 11/2" iron pipe can be effectivley frozen? Also who has the greatest range of transitional joints available for 1 1/2 iron to 22mm copper?

cheers

Yes it can be frozen and I've done it with my Rothenberger Rofrost kit. As to the fittings, try BES for them.

Pipe centre. Or bss

my advice would be to get a decent freeze kit the one i had took ages and as above bss or pipe.

yes it can be done, done it stacks of times...however i have only done it with my electric freezer, have never and would never do it with the can type freeze packs.

bob

yep done it too with my rothenbergre set rather recently. i got fittings from crosslings

yes it can be done, done it stacks of times...however i have only done it with my electric freezer, have never and would never do it with the can type freeze packs.

bob
My Rothenberger uses liquid CO2 from a BOC cylinder and it has never let me down, not like the electric ones that will send you into a panic during a power cut and can't be used in empty properties without electricity!
Agree though, the freezing cans are cack and are pure diy.

Wouldnt go as far as cack worked fine for me to frezze a 28mm pipe the other day to change a two port and pump,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to freezing iron pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock