Discuss forum rules..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding my deleted post and locking of the thread the forum rules say and I quote "We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety unless you can prove you are in the industry."

Now the op was asking about a thermostat and the connections....this is not installing or repairing a gas appliance, boiler, cooker......Its connecting a thermostat. Maybe you need to update your forum rules.

Which types of boilers require a Gas Safe certified installer for a Nest Thermostat installation?
In the UK, most boilers do not require a Gas Safe installer for a Nest Thermostat installation. Typically, only combi boilers with a functional case do. However, it can be difficult to tell which type of boiler you have, so it’s best to get a qualified professional to help you.

Its not me....I gave advice on the connections of a thermostat and the post was deleted.

lol because regulation 6 of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations wouldn't help your argument?

Yes it does can you touch the gas valve if yes you need to be gas safe but then you would need to remove the case so you would need to be gas safe just incase it doesn't have a secondary door/ seal

Stop digging a hole to Australia

Yes it does can you touch the gas valve if yes you need to be gas safe but then you would need to remove the case so you would need to be gas safe just incase it doesn't have a secondary door/ seal

Stop digging a hole to Australia

I'm not digging holes shaun...it was you that gave the wrong info stating you have to be GSR to remove a boiler cover which we have now established is not as black and white as you first thought/portrayed :wink_smile:

I'm not digging holes shaun...it was you that gave the wrong info stating you have to be GSR to remove a boiler cover which we have now established is not as black and white as you first thought/portrayed :wink_smile:

On a forum how do we know what type of case seal it is we don't and unless your qualified / know what your looking for and most boiler these days arnt secondary case seals that boiler you gave the advice on isn't

The information ShaunCorbs gave is correct. You, however, are wrong.

Want to keep digging?

giphy.gif

The information ShaunCorbs gave is correct. You, however, are wrong.

Want to keep digging?

yes that would be your opinion that Shaun is correct. Why are you asking if I want to keep digging? I'm just having a debate....which seems to be if I'm not fully in agreement with the majority then your swinging the ban hammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to forum rules..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock