Discuss Footwear in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkOil

I know this has been covered before but I just want some updated info.
What kind of footwear do people go for? I've got slip on boots but want something a bit more comfortable, i kick them off most the time when i'm in houses, just after peoples views please.

This post might be in the wrong place, feel free to move it :)

I always wear trainers . Unless on site I wear boots. Don't wear boots as in folks houses so comfy sneakers.

I wear lace up black boots that give decent ankle support and a steel toe cap. I do mostly installs so i dust sheet the house out completely then keep my boots on all day for protection.

I always wear either dewalt apprentice boots or bolster, the apprentice boots are more comfortable but prone to pulling a part at the seams after 9 or more months of bending down everyday

I wouldn't want to risk a broken to twisted ankle or nail in the foot, I find boots comfortable especially with comfort innersoles

Steel toed safety skate shoes. Comfort and slip on and off easily enough but good protection on toes and sticking up nails

I'm thinking some sort of soft shoe, because I'm just mainly doing servicing, and as I say most the time I kick my shoes off. want to still look neat though, not scruffy trainers :S shopping at the weekend I think.
Boots are a must for site work for sure, I'd keep my current ones as spares, tight arse :p

I like the look of those trainer style boots that have steel toe etc protection. They look professional & not too bulky.
I use ordinary shoes that can withstand plenty flexing for any work that has little risk. I always buy flat soles - (not lumpy soles like on boots) as I don't want stones & muck carrying in with me onto people's carpets. I have steel toe capped shoes & boots when I need them.

Steel toed safety skate shoes. Comfort and slip on and off easily enough but good protection on toes and sticking up nails

Why do u remove shoes at work? Beyond me. Use shoe covers or even shoe slippers (slippers go over boot)

Dewalt mason got mine from costco 34.99 very comfy.....regards Turnpin:punk:

I use the scruffs asteroids. Really comfortable and look clean and professional. Do get a bit of stick for wearing them though. But that's just jealousy of course :dizzy2:

I like the look of those trainer style boots that have steel toe etc protection. They look professional & not too bulky.
I use ordinary shoes that can withstand plenty flexing for any work that has little risk. I always buy flat soles - (not lumpy soles like on boots) as I don't want stones & muck carrying in with me onto people's carpets. I have steel toe capped shoes & boots when I need them.
I wore some slip on trainers with no tread and one time my foot slipped off the joist and yes it went through the ceiling. I now wear meaty tread steel toe cap boots pull on.

I wear timberlands :)

they aint too big and bulky which I like, as I do service and repair work.

They are coming to the end of their life at the minute though and I'm toying with these at the minute

Site Strata Safety Trainers Navy Size 8 | Safety Trainers | NoLinkingToThis

Im not 100% on them though, but for 35 quid they may be worth a try, I just don't think they look very cool if I'm honest :)

I wear these Site Milestone Safety Boots Honey Size 10 | Safety Boots | NoLinkingToThis I find them comfortable and they look fairly smart, downside is they now look quite dirty where they have soaked up oil/soot.

I dont think trainers give out the right impression and I would never wear them now even if they steel toe caps. I certainly wouldnt wear something without steel toe caps and I very very rarely take them off in a customers house, I think the last time was when I had been working on a muddy site then had to go and fix a boiler and she had cream carpets, (I now carry another older pair of boots for muddy work)

mascot batura
best boots i have ever had. will never buy another boot again.

strong sturdy comfy and lasted longer already than any others. can be got for 40 quid

dewlt bolster boots 39.99 from screwfix can't go wrong really light but sturdy ankle support, or I have a magnitude of scruffs boots just don't buy the monsoon one's paid full price for them never worked just walked dogs and they've come apart very dissapointed.

mascot batura
best boots i have ever had. will never buy another boot again.

strong sturdy comfy and lasted longer already than any others. can be got for 40 quid

Didn't you se the link which i put up when screwfix had em for 20 each?

ive got 7 unopened pairs...

Is that 20 for the left and 20 for the right..

Thats 40 quid by my reckoning :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Footwear in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock